Allison is a nationally recognized expert in the fields of child welfare and children’s mental health with 25 years of experience in all aspects of the non-profit sector including executive leadership, program development, board/staff training and engagement, and philanthropic partnering.
She is a clinician, educator, expert trainer, keynote speaker and organizational consultant.
Her expertise in community relations, volunteer and staff training, and philanthropic partnering are important additional skills that she provides for training and consulting.
Allison is currently the Chief Operating Officer at the National Center on Adoption and Permanency https://www.nationalcenteronadoptionandpermanency.net/. Their vision and mission is to reform child welfare and adoption/permanency through innovative implementation of research informed policy and practice.
Allison provides training, speaking and consultation services on a wide range of topics including strengthening Children’s Mental Health, Trauma-Informed Care, Childhood Trauma and Neglect, Attachment & Relational Trauma, Adoption Clinical Competence, Adoption & Permanency, Developmental Trauma, Family Attachment Therapy, Kinship Care, transitional age youth and others.
She has presented at national, state and local mental health and child welfare conferences including the Child Welfare League of America https://www.cwla.org/, the North American Council on Adoptable Children https://www.nacac.org/, the American Adoption Congress https://www.americanadoptioncongress.org/ , San Diego County Children’s System of Care Training Academy and the prestigious Georgetown University National Symposium on Children’s Mental Health Systems of Care.
Allison has also written and developed specialized curriculum, including:
- Adoption Trauma, Fostering Families Today, Sept/Oct 2017
- Helping Your Child Move from Anti-Social to Pro-Social Behaviors, North American Council on Adoptable Children, Adoptalk Winter 2017
- What To Do With Challenging Behaviors, Fostering Families Today, July/August 2017
- 10 Things Kinship Caregivers Need, Kinship Parenting Toolbox, EMK Press 2015
- The Dance of Permanence, Fostering Families Today, 2011
- Becoming Your Foster Child’s Emotional Tutor, The Foster Parenting Toolbox, 2012
- co-author and lead trainer of Kinship Center’s ACT: An Adoption and Permanency Curriculum for Child Welfare and Mental Health Professionals (48 hrs of clinical training)
- co-author and lead trainer of Kinship Center’s Pathways to Permanence 2: Parenting the Child of Loss and Trauma (21/hrs)
- Creator of 10 Things Your Child Needs Every Day; a DVD training tool to assist parents/caregivers with specific strategies to strengthen their attachment relationship with their child